Backcountry Wine Tours Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
* This page will be updated as new information emerges. Please check back regularly – all content is subject to change.*
Last updated March 26, 2020
All Wine Tour activity is temporarily suspended – but we are still accepting bookings for the month of May and beyond.
Oregon has taken some dramatic steps to help “flatten the curve” – including the closure of wineries and their tasting rooms through April 15th. For obvious reasons, Backcountry has suspended all Wine Tour activity until this moratorium is lifted.
Although its possible that things will begin to roll April 16th, at this point it’s looking unlikely.
More likely, we’ll see wineries opening their doors again in May. So, if you have a reservation in May or beyond – I encourage you to “wait and see.” If you are thinking about making a reservation, we will be happy to reserve a date for you any time from May 1st onward.
What If We Have to Cancel?
There will be no penalties. Because of the extraordinary circumstances, we are removing any and all cancellation fees. This means that you can reserve a date, and receive a full refund if you need to cancel it due to Coronavirus concerns – or for any reason whatsoever – no questions asked. We do recommend getting your preferred tour date booked with us, as summer dates will still likely fill up!
What will Backcountry be Doing About Coronavirus?
When we return to normal operations, we will have enhanced precautions in place to help sustain a healthy environment.
- Hand Sanitizer and wipes in all tour vans.
- Staff that are sick or feeling sick will not be allowed to work.
- We will sanitize all surfaces in our vans prior to each tour.
- We never were the company that was going to take you to a crowded tasting room – so no worries there! 😉